NHTV Insight Editorial Policy
Medium name: NHTV Insight | news site for students and employees of NHTV
Owner: NHTV Breda University of Applied Sciences
NHTV INSIGHT AIMS TO:
- Provide quick and adequate information (in Dutch and English) to all students and employees of NHTV about organisational matters, NHTV activities (internal and external, general or education-specific, NHTV related activities by and for students/employees), education projects (with sufficient impact, news value), research projects and knowledge development, and national higher education news;
- Strengthen ties between the medium and its readers (e.g. by means of offering readers the possibility to comment on news items).
This editorial policy has been drafted by the compilers of the news site. Any future amendments must be made by and in consultation with the Marketing and Communication Office.
OTHER INTERNAL MEDIA
- Intranet > no news, but information of a more statistical nature, pertaining to education and organisation.
- Narrowcasting screens (Briljant Breda) > information regarding Breda in general and regarding NHTV specifically. Can be used NHTV-wide as well as for each location separately, contains both education-related and student-related information.
- N@tschool > education-related information.
- Bulletin boards> everyday practical information, education-related.
- Memo boards > non-education-related information.
Formal responsibility rests with the head of the Marketing and Communication Office.
Factual responsibility rests with the compilers of the news site, as far as headlines and summaries included in the newsletter are concerned. Any information ‘behind’ these headlines and summaries falls under the responsibility of the source concerned. That is why source references must always be provided!
Input can be supplied by all students and/or employees. The compilers of the news site determine whether an item is of current interest, and/or appropriate to the target audience.
Not applicable as such. The Marketing and Communication Office (internal communication) is in charge of final editing of headlines and summaries. The editors retain the right not to publish information supplied to them, and/or block off certain information (for a wider target audience).
BUDGET AND BUDGET MONITORING
Responsibility in terms of budget and budget monitoring rests with the head of the Marketing and Communication Office.
All students and employees of NHTV. Publishing in Dutch as well as English is essential in order to reach everyone.
PURPOSE AND FUNCTION OF THE NEWS SITE
- Ensure horizontal and vertical communication in the organisation;
- Information and education: giving readers a better insight into everything that is happening in the organisation and into developments in society (e.g. national education issues);
- Increasing student and employee commitment to the organisation;
- Supporting and reviewing NHTV’s objectives;
- Improving the social climate.